Dietz & Watson, one of the nation’s oldest and well-known purveyors of deli meats and cheeses, has developed a Chicken Parmigiana item for service delis.
The chicken is coated in corn flour crumbs, not bread crumbs, so it is a gluten-free option. The chicken is then cooked with aged parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings and topped with a tangy marinara sauce.
Chicken Parmigiana is one of the newest additions to Dietz & Watson’s extensive list of gluten-free offerings. In honor of the launch, the company shared this gluten-free recipe:
1. Toast the rolls until golden brown.
2. Spread ½ Tbsp of the Mixed Pepper Mayonnaise on each side of all the rolls.
3. In a skillet, heat olive oil and add fresh spinach. Sauté until just wilted, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Layer 4 ounces chicken Parmesan slices, 3 tomato slices, ¼ of the onion slices, 1 Tbsp. roasted red peppers and 1 Tbsp. peperoncini on each hoagie roll.
5. Sprinkle hoagie dressing on each sandwich to moisten all ingredients.
6. Top with cooked spinach. Garnish plate with fresh basil.