Amy’s New Gluten-Free Sandwich Rounds

By | Nov 23, 2011

Since I’m a huge fan of Amy’s Kitchen I was very excited to receive samples of their newest product, Organic Sandwich Rounds. In addition to being gluten-free Amy’s new sandwich rounds are also soy and dairy-free.

Though Amy’s Organic Sandwich rounds are thin they are surprisingly sturdy and versatile. They arrived frozen and can be thawed in the fridge or by toasting them directly out of the freezer. Thawed in the fridge or very lightly toasted they are extremely soft and fluffy and make a great gluten-free option for kid favorites like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Toasting them a bit longer and they become much stronger making them a perfect base for open face sandwiches and pizzas. Since Amy’s Organic Sandwich Rounds are vegan friendly they can also be used as a bun for your favorite veggie burger.

The flavor of the Sandwich Rounds alone, without anything added, is pretty simple and reminds me of slightly starchy and spongy potato bread. However, when combined with sandwich ingredients or toppings  the flavor becomes extremely complimentary. With Thanksgiving only a day away I’m looking forward to testing Amy’s new Organic Sandwich Rounds on my traditional leftover Turkey sandwich.

If you would like to learn more about this product or about the many other products offered by Amy’s visit www.Amys.com.

7 Comments so far
  1. Judy November 30, 2011 10:30 pm

awesome- was looking for these sandwich rounds as I always ate the wheat ones before I had to go GF

2. Carol Rich April 13, 2012 1:20 pm

I really liked the sandwich rounds and made grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon and onion (yum!) and mini pizzas. I just bought my second package and wasn’t buying much else and noticed the price. Yikes! $6.99, which means they’re almost $1.00 each. $2.00 for a sandwich. Just for the bread. So I won’t be buying them any more, no matter how good they are. No bread, GF or not, should be that expensive. Makes me sad.

3. Moe Gregoire June 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Very high price. Why do gluten free products carry such a high mark up? Amy’s sandwich rounds sell for many different prices in our area.

4. Cheryl June 20, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Moe. There are a number of reasons why gluten-free products are more expensive. Sometimes they use ingredients that are more expensive to start with, sometimes the extra steps needed to prevent cross-contamination can add to the cost, etc. However, as more gluten-free products become available, we are seeing more affordable options. And remember – fresh fruits and veggies are naturally gluten-free and can be very low cost!

5. Cathy August 16, 2012 4:11 am

Does anyone know where I can buy Amys Rounds in New Jersey ???

6. Ashley August 8, 2013 9:04 pm

I have not been able to find them in NJ! I will be contacting the company to ask how I can get them in my local store.

7. CATHY October 18, 2013 10:12 am

I WOULD LOVE TO TRY THIS PRODUCT, BUT I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE–AMYS FOODS ARE PRETTY GOOD—BUT CANT FIND THESE ROUNDS IN NJ—I EVEN TRIED TO BUY THEM ON LINE AND AMY’S WEBSITE ONLY SOLD CASES OF 12 –6 PACKS OF ROUNDS—THEY WOULD PROBABLY BE DELISH WITH AN AMYS BISTRO BURGER—DONT BOTHER TRYING TO CONTACT AMY’S, ASHLEY, I TRIED OVER A YEAR AGO AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD BE.. AND I QUOTE ” ROLLING OUT THIS PRODUCT SOON “….EVEN THOUGH THEY ADVERTISE IT FOR A LOT LONGER—ARE YOU GLUTEN INTOLERANT ???—I WENT “VEGAN” A WHILE AGO BY CHOICE —NOW HAVE TO BE GLUTEN FREE BY NECESSITY–GOOD LUCK—I HOPE & WISH YOU ALL THE BEST