Naked Juice: Gluten-Free Smoothies

By | May 2, 2011

On days when I’ve worked extremely hard either physically, mentally, or both and especially when it is hot and humid, I feel as though no amount of water can rejuvenate me.  It is on days like that I start to crave fruit smoothies.  Since I rarely have the time or forethought to have the supplies I need to quench my thirst for a smoothie filled with all the fruit and nutrients I crave, I often turn to an old and reliable alternative, Naked Juice Smoothies. Smoothies by Naked Juice are filled with natural ingredients, my favorite fruits and veggies, and boost packed with vitamins and supplements to fill every sip with rejuvenating nutrients. More importantly they are amazingly delicious and gluten-free.

Screen shot 2011-05-16 at 11.16.53 AMI know what some of you reading this are thinking, “Lots of juice drinks are gluten-free, so what makes this one special?”.  Well in addition to only using 100% natural ingredients with no preservatives, artificial flavors, or added sugar, and being jam packed with a delicious combination of fruits and vitamins, all things many celiacs as well as people in general good use a good boost of, Naked Juice is also committed to sustainability. Naked Juice uses a trademarked bottle they call the Naked reNEWabottle, which is a recycle bottle made of 100% post-consumer recycled plastic. In addition to the Naked reNEWabottle, Naked has also joined forces with the Rainforest Alliance, an organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. So not only is a bottle of Naked Juice delicious and good for you, it may also be good for the planet. Another reason I adore Naked Juice Smoothies.

Interested in learning more about Naked Juice Smoothies? Visit http://www.nakedjuice.com/ to discover all the flavors available as well as check ingredients and nutritional information.

10 Comments so far
  1. iris May 2, 2011 10:29 am

I love naked juice….used to drink green machine all the time but then the sugar content seemed too much, but glad to hear its all natural.

2. Matteo May 12, 2011 12:56 pm

The green machine naked juice is not gluten free.

3. jake May 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Did you think it was ironic to screenshot a juice flavor that has barley and wheat grass ingredients or are you just trying to kill people?

4. Atlantis Lacy May 16, 2011 10:35 am

I have switched the image to Naked Juices Berry Blast to reduce confusion and offense. The green machine juice contains Wheat grass and barely grass. Both come from the greens of the plant and are often harvested before grains are produce. All Naked Juices carry a label that indicates whether they are gluten-free or not. Many of their juices are gluten-free, however as mentioned in the comments above, Naked Juices Green Machine is not labeled as gluten-free. As with all products it is best to check the label before consuming. Once again, I’m sorry for any confusion or offense the image may have caused. It is the mission of this blog to inform and never hurt any of it’s readers.

For additional information on wheat grass please visit http://www.celiaccentral.org/News/NFCA-Blogs/Ask-the-Dietitian/Nourish-Chef-Archives/Nourish-Chef-Archives/185/month–200706/search–Wheat_20grass/vobid–1150/

5. cbusnitz71 September 23, 2011 12:19 pm

In terms of reducing our impact, I recently saw some pieces on some news show like CNN and The Journal with Joan lunden on PBS that were talking about the importance of industry stepping it up in the area of recycling. Many haven’t caught up yet, but it is exciting to see some who have like Naked. We still have much to improve but there is hope in the direction many are taking.

6. Lia January 16, 2012 11:28 am

I am told by a dietician that wheat grass and barley grass do not contain gluten as a grass?

7. Cheryl January 17, 2012 8:42 am

According to a teleconference held by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics last December, the young grasses of wheat, barley and rye plants are not the same as the grains produced by the plants at maturity. So, wheat grass and barley grass can be an ingredient in a gluten-free food as long as the final food product contains less than 20 ppm gluten. However, it’s important that any product containing wheat grass or barley grass be labeled gluten-free and tested for contamination using the R5 ELISA. If it’s not labeled or tested, then those following a gluten-free diet should not eat it.

8. April September 30, 2012 1:54 pm

I recently accepted I have the gluten allergy. I’m 27 years old and have been sick since I was born. The doctors never knew what was wrong. In fact I still have some issues. BUT They know so far I have the gluten allergy. I am very very sensitive!! But naked juices make me feel awesome. All those wonderful vitamins have made me feel amazing!! I wouldn’t give them up for anything! I say try them, and if you do start to feel.. sick immediately stop. I like to make smoothies with them with other juices. Or the whole thing. =)

9. JackWilshere December 5, 2012 1:35 am

Greetings! The site is great. Thank you for a great resource

10. Cheryl December 5, 2012 9:10 am

We’re glad you like it! Happy to offer this resource.